Monday, June 15, 2015

Summer in Stehekin: Here I Go!

Trying to get sleep before a life altering trip is like remembering you left the straightener on after leaving the house. You spend the whole day hoping your house doesn't burn down and praying the auto-off actually works. Well, as I lay there, staying at the ceiling, wondering what I was going to forget, I had a moment of panic. What if I couldn't do this? What if I couldn't be away from my husband? What if I got fired? But amongst all the negativity, a calm settled into my heart. I was being silly. I know there will be difficult moments this summer, but I'm going to gain so much that any doubts I have will quickly disappear.
But that's not to say that I'm not freaking out right now...
We did manage to leave the house at 5:30 this morning, although I forgot something at the house and we had to turn around. Then get gas. Then get food. So 6 am rolls around and we're on the road, driving east on I-90. And I couldn't have asked for a better send-off from central WA.
Now I'm on the boat. I talked with my mom and teared up when I said goodbye to my husband. The parting is bittersweet. I know a seperating will help us grow as a couple, but I will miss him terribly. So, before I cry again, I will give you some pictures and sign off for now. A two hour boat ride and four exciting months are ahead of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment